It’s that time of year again!
The seasoning of giving is upon us. If you’re anything like me, feeling the stress of finding the perfect gift for your friends and family can be overwhelming. You want it to be useful, but not boring, fun but not too novelty, and you definitely don’t want to see it re-gifted at next year’s white elephant party. Below are 5 ideas for fun and purposeful gifts that anyone who cooks will enjoy!
- Glass storage containers: These glass storage bowls are great for anyone who meals preps (or has a lot of leftovers). Practicality and beauty come together with these vintage flower designs that are simple, sweet and colorful. They’re also easy to clean and reuse, making these a win for your eco-conscious pal too! (Vintage flower storage bowls gift set of 5, $45)
- Copper mugs: this might not be a cooking tool, but who doesn’t love cooking with a cocktail in hand? These mugs are great for anyone who hosts dinner parties or entertains. Make these extra special by tying a drink recipe to each mug or including a few key cocktail mixers. The best part of this gift? You’ll get to enjoy it too next time your friend throws a party! (Set of 4 Copper Moscow Mule Mugs, $32)
- Personalized wooden spoon: my wooden spoons are among my favorite kitchen tools. They are perfect to use for any dish and they won’t scratch your cookware. A personalized tool is both thoughtful and handy. Pair it with a set of holiday tea towels and you’ll have a memorable and festive gift. (Personalized Wooden Spoon on Etsy, $10)
- Cookbook stand: if your friend is frequently reading recipes off of their smart phone, tablet, or the old-school cookbook (crazy right!) they could definitely use a good stand. The right stand is both beautiful and functional. Whether its rustic and wooden, made from copper piping, or turquoise iron filigree, there’s one out there to suit any pal’s personality. Besides my wooden spoon, my cookbook stand is the one tool I use most often in my kitchen. It makes following a recipe easier and help reduce neck pain. (Floral Wood Print Cookbook Stand, $35)
- Decorative measuring tools (that you can use): got a friend who bakes? Measuring accurately is a key detail to baking. Make their experience that much more enjoyable with decorative measuring spoons! This puppy printed set will add a whimsical charm to any kitchen, and who doesn’t love puppies?! (Puppy Printed Measuring Spoons, $20)